Quinoa salad with a superfood carob dressing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cucumber peeled with the potato peeler
- 1 red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange
- 1 avocado
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons black cumin
- 1 cup pre-cooked organic chickpeas wash and drained
- 3 tablespoons goji berries
- 3 tablespoons dry cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons carob syrup
- 1 teasp turmeric
- 1 teasp oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer, rinse thoroughly with water and drain.
- Toast the quinoa in a small saucepan. Add olive oil stir for a minute, then add water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes, covered.
- Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork and place it into a big salad platter, let cool.
- When ready add in the platter the rest of the ingredients, pour in the dressing and toss!