Agnie’s traditional Cyprus rice pudding
- 1 liter coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 400 ml coconut milk from tin
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water (Anthonero)
- ¾ cup rice for risotto
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 full tablespoons (60 g) corn starch
- 4-5 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place a pot over medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk, ½ cup of water, rice, coconut cream, cinnamon stick, vanilla and flower water.
- Stir and as soon as the mixture comes to a boil, lower heat to medium low and simmer for 30-35 minutes until the rice is cooked and the mixture thickens.
- Stir every 2-3 minutes, making sure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining water and corn starch, pour in the pot the water and corn starch mixture. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until it thickens a bit.
- When ready, add honey, remove from heat and pour the mixture equally in to serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Refrigerate to chill.
(Visited 1,527 times, 1 visits today)