Pumpkin fritters with noodles & sweet chili sauce
- 1 package (300 gr) rice noodles
- ⅓ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 cup shredded butternut squash pumpkin
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup (100 gr) pre-cooked corn
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mint
- 1-2 teaspoon curry powder (up to taste)
- Salt, pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- ½ or 1 fresh sweet chili pepper chopped (up to taste)
- ⅓ cup rice or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic mince
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in ⅔ cup water
TOPPING FOR SERVING
- ½ yellow, ½ orange, ½ red bell pepper, chopped in big cubes
- 2 fresh onions cut in thin slices
- 2 cucumbers cut in thin slices
- ½ sweet chili cut in thin slices
- 1 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (or according to package instructions), stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain and set aside.
- Add in a big mixing bowl the chopped spring onions, shredded pumpkin, corn, dry mint, curry powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon and mix to combine. Once well incorporated stir in oat flour, baking powder, milk and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the sauce by adding into a saucepan the chopped sweet chili, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soya sauce, mince garlic, minced ginger, coconut sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in the ⅔ cup off water and stir it in the saucepan, and continue to simmer one more minute.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully lower in heaped tablespoons of the mixture and flatten them out into little patties.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and fry on the other side for 2 more minutes. When the patties are ready set aside.
- Divide the noodles between two serving bowls pour 3-4 patties on each bowl and top with peppers, fresh onions, cucumber slices, fresh chili slices, fresh cilantro and last add some of the sweet chili sauce (up to taste).
(Visited 619 times, 1 visits today)