Curried butternut squash soup
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1 cup leek chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 big potatoes (about 5 cups chopped in cubes)
- 4 cups (500 gr) butternut squash chopped in cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 or 2 tablespoons mild curry powder (up to taste)
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 litters of hot water
- 1 can coconut milk
TOPPINGS TO SERVE
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 5-6 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Bring a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, chopped leeks and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 liters of hot water, chopped potatoes, butternut squash, curry powder, bay leaves, thyme, vegetable stock, coconut milk and season with a pinch of salt. Simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes and pumpkin become soft.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer soup to a blender, and purée until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings adding salt if needed.
- Serve with lemon juice (up to taste), drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and coconut milk.
(Visited 748 times, 1 visits today)