This recipe is great as a starter especially if you would like to add a gourmet touch to your meal! The combination of figs with coconut cream is phenomenal! I am making this recipe very often especially in the summer time and my guests always love it. Figs are my favorite fruits, especially the sweet and juicy Mediterranean figs because you can create very tasty appetizers!
- 10 figs
- 1 can coconut milk [chilled overnight in the refrigerator]
- pinch of salt
- 10 mint leaves for garnish
- Cut the figs crosswise up to ⅔ without cutting them completely.
- Remove the coconut milk or cream from the fridge, remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind [reserve it in the fridge for smoothies].
- Place hardened cream in a mixing bowl. Add salt. Mix for a few seconds until creamy.
- With a spoon, put some cream on each fig.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
FIND OUT FIGS' NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS