Oats – one cup of dry oats (81g) contains approximately 300 calories.
Oats are packed full of nutrients, helping to keep your body healthy, oats contain carbohydrates, proteins, fibers, fat, a lot of minerals such as magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, calcium and many vitamins ( B6, E, folic acid, niacin ,Riboflavin and thiamin).
Oats have many health benefits such as:
- They may reduce asthma in children.
- May improve immune system defense.
- Can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Improve insulin sensitivity therefore it’s an ideal meal for diabetics.
- Can control blood pressure.
- Help in digestive system, wholegrain such as oats contain fiber, which is very important for digestion.
- Can lower ‘’bad’’ cholesterol.
- May reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Nutrition analysis by Polyvios Nikolaou Dietititian-Nutritionist BSc.