This salad is extremely easy to make and yet so delicious and fulfilling! Walnuts are very nutritious. In combination with apples and lettuce they can provide a light meal. The idea for preparing this salad came during a guest night and I wanted to use some fresh and juicy apples that where available at home. You can enjoy this salad as a meal or as a side. Feel free to add any other type of nut you like. It is also very tasty with pears instead of apples.
- 1 lettuce
- 2 apples peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cups walnuts
- 2 Tablespoon mustard (preferably wholegrain)
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- Cut the lettuce and apples; add to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare dressing in a mixing bowl by adding all ingredients and whisking until well combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Add walnuts to salad and top with dressing. Toss to combine.
- Toast tortilla until golden and garnish the salad.
“Our palettes are a moving target.” Whether you have the most expensive or least expensive wine, the wines that we enjoy the most are the ones that we share with our friends, families and loved ones.”
So, what is the go to wine to enjoy this spectacular salad?
Pair it with a sauvignon blanc that is full with citrus, melon, tropical & floral notes. Can be smokey as well if its from Loire region of France. Also for something unique try a torrontes from Argentina which is mouth filling yet refreshing white with exotic fruit, lemon zest, peach & apricot.