The best Vegan french toast
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tablespoon flax seeds (ground into a fine meal)
- 1½ Tablespoon corn maze
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup (or sub honey if not vegan) + more to drizzle
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8-10 slices of old or hard bread
- Coconut oil for frying
- 2 Tablespoons almond flakes
- 5 Tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 10 strawberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
- Mix all ingredients except the bread & coconut oil in a large, shallow bowl. Place in the fridge to activate for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat a pan to medium heat and grease with ½ tsp coconut oil.
- Dip each slice of bread in the batter for about 10 seconds on each side. If your bread is dry, leave it in a little longer.
- Place on pan and cook until golden brown. Carefully flip, add ½ teaspoon coconut oil and cook until the other side is golden brown as well 3-4 minutes.
- Top with vegan cream cheese, strawberries, almond flakes and honey or maple syrup.
(Visited 276 times, 1 visits today)