- 1½ cup (290 gr) bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 2 cups (560 ml) hot water
- salt and pepper (up to taste)
- ½ (120 gr) yellow bell pepper
- ½ (120 gr) orange bell pepper
- ½ (50 gr) red onion
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
- 1 tortilla
- Juice from 1 or 2 lemons (up to taste)
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley
- 7-8 tablespoons olive oil (up to taste)
- 3-4 tablespoons grape syrup or agave syrup
- Place bulgur in a large bowl, mix in 2 cups boiling water. Let stand for 15-20 minutes until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed.
- Finely chop onion, yellow and orange pepper in small cubes. Cut cheery tomatoes in quarters.
- Mix in a bowl the bulgur, tomatoes, parsley, ½ of the pomegranate seeds, onions and peppers. Add olive oil, lemon juice and toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust flavor adding more salt, pepper or more lemon juice.
- Top it with the rest of the pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with the grape syrup or agave syrup.
- Refrigerate and let stand at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
(Visited 420 times, 1 visits today)