Everybody loves chocolate! And what’s better than a healthy version that you can enjoy without guilt and actually be very nutritious for you! This is the most delicious and simple creamy chocolate cake!!! You will be amazed with the moist fudged-like texture.
After lots of trials (and off course lots of failures!) we manage to achieve the perfect recipe for you! Its better to make the cake one day before in order to get the maximum flavor!
For this cake we used a 20 cm round baking tin in order to achieve the perfect layering.
Extra tip: Dates chocolate cream you can also use it as healthy spread on bread, pancakes and cookies.
Anyone can make this cake! Enjoy…!
- 3 Cups whole-wheat flour
- ¾ Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Cup coconut sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 2 Cups cold water
- ¾ Cup olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ Cup white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 500 gr Dates
- ⅓ Cup Coconut milk from can
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven in 180c. Lightly grease a 20 cm round cake pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk with until well mixed.
- Fill with the mixture the round cake pan and bake for 30min at 180c and for another 30 min in 175c, or until a long toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool down completely before frosting.
- Once cooled cut the cake in half, add a thick layer of chocolate date frosting on top of the first cake layer. Place the second cake layer on top of the first and add chocolate date frosting on top and on the sides.
- Garnish the top of the cake with sunflower seeds and Goji Berries.
- Remove pits from dates
- Soak dates in warm water for 20min.
- Strained dates and put in blender with the rest of the ingredients and mix well until they become creamy & smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour before use.