Granola with coconut cream (As seen on TV)
- 1 cup (130 g) dates (without the pits)
- ½ cup (150 ml) olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3½ cups (500 g) roll oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (80 g) walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup (70 g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (80 g) chia seeds
- 2 canned coconut milk or cream (chilled overnight in the refrigerator)
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup, honey or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Fill 1 cup with dates and add hot water to cover them for 20 min.
- Pour the dates with their water and the olive oil in the blender, mix well until they become creamy.
- Add oats, salt and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl - stir to combine.
- Pour over the wet ingredients (dates and olive oil) in the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir the granola. Bake for minutes more. Watch carefully not to burn the mixture.
- Remove again from oven, stir add the chopped walnuts and sunflower seeds, bake for 5 more minutes at 150°C.
- Let cool completely and add chia seeds. Store in a container at room temperature for about 2 week.
- Layer the ¾ of a small jar with granola, then add 2 tablespoons of the coconut cream and top it with strawberries.
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake the can to ease separation of the cream and liquid.
- Remove the coconut milk or cream from the fridge, remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind [reserve it in the fridge for smoothies or cooking rice etc].
- Place thick cream in a mixing bowl. Stir for 30 seconds with a Balloon whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Then add vanilla, zest, lemon juice and honey and mix until creamy and smooth - about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed. Store in the refrigerator.
(Visited 485 times, 1 visits today)