Chocolate granola with nuts
- 3½ cup (500 g) roll oats
- ½ cup (35 g) shredded dry coconut
- ⅓ cup (30 g) cacao
- 1 cup dates without pits
- ½ cup (150 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (100 g) raw almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (70 g) raw hazelnut, roughly chopped
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Fill 1 cup with dates and add hot water to cover for 20min.
- Pour the dates with their water and add the olive oil in the blender and mix well until they become creamy.
- Add oats, coconut chips, cacao and salt to a large mixing bowl - stir to combine.
- Pour over the wet ingredients (dates and olive oil) in the bowl of the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir the granola. Turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly) and bake 15 minutes more.
- Remove again from oven, stir and add the chopped nuts, bake for 5-10 more minutes at 150°C. Watch carefully not to burn the mixture.
- Let it cool completely. Store in a container at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
(Visited 509 times, 1 visits today)