I am very proud to introduce you this mouth watering recipe! Mushrooms are a great source of plant based protein and the great thing about this plate is that its vegan, gluten free and super yummy! You will need some preparation in advance with soaking the cashews but it is essential for achieving this creamy texture. If you don’t have the time to do the soaking, don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone!
You can serve this plate as a starter to impress your quests or even as main dish accompanied with your favorite salad. Give it a try and be reassured that you cannot go wrong with this!
- 8 Portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup raw cashews, soak in water for 30 minutes, then drain
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds for garnish
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms.
- Add cashews, water, garlic, salt and pepper in the blender and blend scraping down sides as necessary, until smooth and creamy.
- Fill the mushrooms with cashew cream and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add some poppy seeds to each mushroom and bake at 180c for 20 minutes.
When the autumn nights start to turn chilly, you will love to enjoy savory mushroom dishes to pair with red wines. Red wine and mushrooms are a unique marriage of complex flavors; this recipe with the portobello mushroom brings out the meaty quality of a steak so it can be paired with almost any robust red such as Zinfandel, Syrah/Shiraz and believe me you will find that the flavors in both complement each other beautifully and in great harmony.