This recipe is a must try. We are huge fans of red velvet. The usual red vervet recipes are full with artificial ingredients and colour.
We are very proud to present our 100% natural version of red velvet truffles.
This superfood recipe its so easy to make, very nutritious loaded with antioxidants, low in calories, anti aging, improves immunity, increases energy and in combination with cashews is high in protein.
Kids love it because of its vivid colour and is a great choice for kids parties.
Red velvet truffles with homemade chocolate sauce
Red velvet truffles
- 2 cups (350 g) cashews
- 1½ cups (90 g) shredded dry coconut + more for coating
- 1 pre-cooked (80 g) beetroot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons (70 g) agave syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
Homemade chocolate sauce
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Add the all ingredients to a food processor and process until a dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into small balls. The size of a small apricot.
- Put the shredded coconut into a small bowl. Roll the truffles in the coconut and place them into airtight container.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Prepared the homemade chocolate by adding all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with spoon.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the truffles and refrigerate.
(Visited 928 times, 1 visits today)