Fig & wheat berries salad with balsamic ouzo dressing
- ½ cup (120 g) wheat berries soak in water overnight and drain
- 1 litre of hot water
- 3 cups of mini rocket
- 3 big ripe figs cut in quarters
- 4 dry apricots sliced lengthwise
- ½ red onion sliced
Balsamic ouzo dressing
- 1 tablespoon ouzo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the wheat berries in a large heavy saucepan. Add water and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- In large serving platter or salad bowl. Place the cooked wheat berries first then rocket and figs. Add apricots and onions. Top with balsamic ouzo dressing.
Key Ingredient: FIGS
FIND OUT FIGS NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS
(Visited 720 times, 1 visits today)