Do you love ice cream? We have for you the easiest sugar free recipe! It’s creamy, mouth watering, smooth, refreshing and super delicious! Best of all is vegan, free from heavy unhealthy ingredients and full of vitamins and antioxidants.
The main ingredients of the ice cream not only adds in flavours but they are also super nutritious for our body.
Raspberries contain amazing phytonutrients, that can help increase metabolism and help us with weight loss! More over as a high antioxidant food raspberries fight free radicals and the effects of aging.
Cashews on the other hand are rich in plant-based protein, minerals, antioxidants and they support healthy brain function.
Last but not least rose water is very cooling, soothing, anti-inflammatory and soothes digestive problems. Hey we can enjoy all these benefits just by eating an ice cream!
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup cashews soaked in water for 4 hours
- 400 gr coconut cream or 1 tin coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Raspberry rosewater syrup
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup water with 1 full teaspoon corn flour (corn maize starch)
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup, honey or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
Instant ice cream
- Drain the cashews and place them into a blender, add the rest of the ingredients of the ice cream and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to ice-cubes cases and put them in the freezer overnight.
- Place the ice cream cubes from the freezer into a food processor and process until ice cream consistency. You can add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk if you like the ice cream to be more soft.
- Serve immediately and garnish with Raspberry rosewater syrup.
With an ice cream maker
- Or you can transfer the ice cream mixture to a mixing bowl and chill thoroughly overnight.
- The next day, add your chilled base to the ice cream maker and beat according to the manufacturer's instructions - about 40 minutes or until it looks soft.
Raspberry rosewater syrup
- Pour 1 cup of raspberries in a small saucepan with the agave syrup and simmer for 4 minutes.
- When ready, add the corn flour dissolved in ½ cup water, rosewater stir well for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Allow to cool. Store covered in the fridge up to 2 weeks. Perfect for topping on pancakes, cakes, ice cream, smoothies and salads.
Instead of putting the mixture into ice cubes you can put it in individual ice cream forms.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can add the chilled mixture to a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Remove from freezer every 1 hour and stir well to incorporate air.
Let out for 10 minutes before serving to soften.