Chocolate vegan cheese
- 1 cup (160 g) cashews, soaked over night
- 25 g dark & sugar free chocolate, roughly chopped
- Dash of chili, salt
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 7-8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 spring onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon agar powder or 1 teaspoon agar flakes (helps the cheese to firm)
- 30 ml water
- 10-12 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 10 g dark & sugar free chocolate, chopped
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to soak overnight.
- When ready, drain cashews and add to a food processor. Add chili, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Process until the mixture becomes very creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Then add chopped chocolate, spring onions and process for 1 minute.
- Add 30 ml water and agar powder or flakes in a small saucepan. With a spoon whisk the mixture together and bring it to boil on medium-high heat, being careful not to let the liquid to be over boiled.
- When the agar powder or flakes are dissolved, pour immediately the mixture in the food processor with the cheese and process for a minute scraping down the sides.
- With a spatula scoop all cheese in a bawl. Close with clean film and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours.
- To serve, shape the cheese with hands into a ball and gently coat with chopped walnuts and chopped chocolate.
- Enjoy chilled with crackers, vegetables, fresh and dried fruits.
(Visited 170 times, 1 visits today)